The following information is for Students. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
There are various secondary education programs and options available to students in our district.
Our younger constituents are the future of our district and providing them information that can enhance their education is important to their development. Below are some resources that will be useful to kids.
During his 24 years in the Tennessee State Senate, Congressman Cohen fought tirelessly for an education lottery in Tennessee. In fact, he has often been referred to as the father of the Tennessee Lottery.
Since the inception of the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship program in 2004, over a billion dollars has gone to students continuing their education at the college level. As a State Senator, Congressman Cohen fought for nearly twenty years before the State Lottery was established. Countless students have benefited from Congressman Cohen's tireless efforts to provide Tennesseans with access to affordable, quality, post-secondary education.
In addition, there are resources for parents.
- Back to School: Elementary School
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Kindergarten-2nd Grade
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 3rd-5th Grade
- U.S. Census Bureau Fact Finder Kids Page
- CIA Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- DOT Civil Rights for Kids and Youth
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water and Ground Water Kids' Stuff (4th-8th Grade)
- FBI Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- FEMA For Kids (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Gearing Up for a Great Trip (Federal Trade Commission)
- Kids In the House: Young Learners
- Kids In the House: Grade School
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages (Kindergarten-6th Grade)
- Veteran Affairs Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- Back to School: Middle School and High School
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 6th-8th Grade
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 9th-12th Grade
- CIA Kids Page (6th-12th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (4th-8th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (9th-12th Grade)
- FBI Youth (6th-12th Grade)
- Kids In the House: Middle School
- Kids In the House: High School
- National Center for Education Statistics Kids' Zone (, part of the U.S. Department of Education )
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages (6-12 Grade)
- Veteran Affairs Kids Page (6th-12th Grade)
- You Are Here - where kids learn to be smarter consumers (5-8 Grade)
- Internship Opportunities
An internship in my office provides a great opportunity for students to learn first-hand how our government works. Interns gain valuable knowledge and experience by having hands-on opportunity to learn about the legislative process, as well as the operations of a Congressional office.
- Military Academy Nominations
Young people who are genuinely interested in pursuing a career in the military service and who are looking to build a career foundation at one of our esteemed service academies are encouraged to open a file in the Congressional District office by sending a letter of interest.
- Student Financial Aid
Information is available to students to learn more about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.