Congressman Cohen to Preside at Hearing on Reparations
WASHINGTON – Congressman Steve Cohen (TN-09), Chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, will preside at a hearing Wednesday on H.R. 40, the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act, and the Path to Restorative Justice.
The 10 a.m. hearing at 2141 Rayburn House Office Building will hear from the following witnesses:
- New Jersey Senator Cory Booker;
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, journalist and writer;
- Danny Glover, actor and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for the U.N. Decade for People of African Descent;
- Katrina Browne, documentarian and director of “Traces of the Trade”;
- Coleman Hughes, writer at the online platform Quillette;
- Burgess Owens, former pro football player and conservative writer;
- The Right Reverend Eugene Taylor Sutton, Episcopal Bishop of Maryland;
- Dr. Julianne Malveaux, economist and President Emeritus, Bennett College; and
- Professor Eric J. Miller, Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University.