ADVISORY - Cohen to Preside at House Judiciary Subcommittee Memphis Field Hearing
WASHINGTON – Congressman Steve Cohen (TN-09), Chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, will preside at a Memphis Field Hearing on “Discriminatory Barriers to Voting” on Thursday, September 5, in the Historic Moot Courtroom of the University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law on Front Street downtown. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler and Representative Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas are expected to attend the hearing.
Among the witnesses at the hearing will be:
- Kareem Crayton, Executive Director, Southern Coalition for Social Justice;
- Stephen J. Mulroy, Law Professor, University of Memphis, and former Shelby County Commissioner;
- Tequila Johnson, Co-Founder and Vice President, The Equity Alliance;
- Jon Greenbaum, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law;
- Helen Butler, Georgia Coalition for the Peoples’ Agenda; and
- Jim Tucker, Native American Rights Fund
When: Thursday, September 5, 2019, 10 a.m.
Where: University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law Historic Moot Courtroom, Room 335, 1 North Front Street, Memphis, Tennessee 38103
A press conference will take place immediately after the hearing ends, also in Room 335.