COVID-19 Vaccine Town Hall
Congressman Steve Cohen hosts a COVID-19 Vaccine Town Hall with a panel of experts on March 8, 2021. It was an honest and open discussion about COVID-19, vaccines, and the Memphis area's response to the pandemic.
The panel included:
• Dr. Monica Webb Hooper, Deputy Director of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD);
• Dr. James E. K. Hildreth, infectious disease expert and President of Meharry Medical College. Dr. Hildreth is on the President’s COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force and served on the FDA Advisory Panel that recommended the emergency use authorization of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines;
• Dr. Jeff Warren, Family Medicine Doctor, Memphis City Councilman, and Council Representative to the Memphis/Shelby County COVID-19 Joint Task Force;
• Dr. Manoj Jain, Infectious Disease Physician at Baptist Memorial Hospital and Methodist Hospitals in Memphis, a clinical Associate Professor at University of Tennessee-Memphis and Emory University, and Advisor to the Memphis/Shelby County Covid-19 Joint Task Force; and
• Ms. Tiffany Collins, Deputy Director of the General Services Division – City of Memphis, which is leading vaccine distribution in Shelby County.