Congressional App Challenge
The Congressional App Challenge is a competition aimed at encouraging students to learn how to code by creating their own apps. The Challenge is intended to highlight the value of computer science and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education and encourage students to engage in these fields.
The Congressional App Challenge is open to middle school and high school students in the Ninth Congressional District of Tennessee. Students participating in the competition may register and submit their app here through October 19, 2020. For complete registration information and resources, please visit the Congressional App Challenge Website here.
- Submissions will be accepted through October 19, 2020.
- Winners will be announced in December 2020.
- Students can use any programming language and any platform. There are no limits on theme or topic.
- Students must be in middle school or high school at the time of app submission.
- Students must reside in or attend school in the Ninth District of Tennessee.
- Students may register as individuals or as teams of up to four. No more than four students are allowed to form a team.
- If competing as a team, at least half of the teammates must be eligible to compete in the Ninth District of Tennessee.
- For the complete rulebook, click here.
Summary of student submission process
- To register for the Congressional App Challenge, click here.
- Check eligibility.
- Create an app.
- Create a demonstration video.
- Review the Submission Checklist.
- Register online and submit app by October 19, 2020.
- Complete the Exit Questionnaire.
- Winning apps are eligible to be displayed in the US Capitol Building and featured on the House of Representatives’ website, House.gov
- Winning students are invited to #HouseofCode Capitol Hill Reception in Washington D.C.
- Additional sponsor prizes TBA!
For more information, please visit the official Congressional App Challenge website at CongressionalAppChallenge.us or contact Congressman Cohen's office at 202-225-3265.